More than a shul, Congregation B’nai Torah is a spiritual home for members of all ages, backgrounds, and levels of observance. We look forward to welcoming you and building community together. Congregation B’nai Torah (CBT) was born in 2008, the product of an unprecedented triple-merger of local Orthodox congregations. Each of our parent institutions, Beth Israel, Kesser Israel, and Kodimoh, sustained a century of vibrant Orthodox Jewish life in the Springfield area prior to embarking upon a five-year merger process to form CBT. We continue to honor the legacy of these great congregations, even as we forge ahead as a new entity.
A year-round, full service Orthodox shul, minutes from the Berkshire Mountains!
Join us for:
- Daily minyanim (services) morning and evening.
- Weekly classes taught by rabbis and community members.
- Youth programs that are educational, inclusive, and fun, from Shabbat groups to outdoor adventures!
- Holiday and social events such as our Community Passover Seder, BBQ-in-the-Sukkah, and more!
- Delicious Shabbat Kiddushes and daily breakfasts.
We look forward to your involvement with all we have to offer.
For all Shabbat and holiday services, we offer an additional minyan location in Springfield’s Forest Park neighborhood. Lively services and kiddushes are held at 124 Sumner Ave. in the Kodimoh building.